Nip Tuck Carpet Repair Dec 2020
Have you ever been walking on your carpet only to suddenly trip? If you have ever been troubled by buckled carpet, you may wonder what causes this to happen in the first place. At Nip & Tuck Carpet Repair, we remove carpet buckles on a regular basis. Because we have so much experience with them, we want to let you in on a few of the reasons why they may show up in your home.
When carpet is installed, it is supposed to be stretched as tightly as possible and then secured along the tack strips. If your installer did not do this well, your carpet may loosen slightly, causing buckles to appear. Ideally, a power stretcher should be used to pull carpet taught during installation. In fact, when we repair carpet with buckles, we only use a power stretcher to ensure that the finished product is as tight and secure as possible.
Dragging Furniture Across Carpet
Another common culprit when it comes to carpet buckles is the moving of heavy furniture along it. When you drag heavy items across your carpet, it inevitably tugs at it. This results in carpet buckles. To avoid this from happening, try your best to fully lift the furniture from the carpet when moving it. If the piece is truly too heavy to do this, try placing a few sheets or cardboard beneath the furniture. This will allow the furniture to glide over the carpet instead of dragging against it.
Last but certainly not least is humidity. Humidity is probably the main contributing factor to buckled carpet. If you live in a highly humid environment or one where the temperatures swing widely from hot to cold, you are more likely to experience buckling issues. To combat this, you can leave a dehumidifier in largely carpeted areas. In addition, you can aim to use your air conditioner more often during the Summer months.
Knowing the reasons that carpet can buckle can aid largely in reducing their existence in your home. If you are being plagued by them currently though, do not worry. You do not need to replace your entire carpet in order to get rid of them. Just call Nip & Tuck Carpet Repair and we can stretch your carpet back to normal in no time.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 12-25-2020
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps?
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet?
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?