Nip Tuck Carpet Repair sees a lot of different carpet that has been damaged, many of them being from pets. Both cats and dogs can give you trouble regarding your carpet. Dogs tend to chew carpet, pee in the same spots, and what we are discussing in this article, they can dig. What causes a dog to dig though? These tips will help you be able to properly stop your dog from digging into your carpet and therefore stop the damage he is doing to your carpet.
- Too Hot or Too Cold?
Dogs behave off instinct because they are animals. Other members of the dog family, like wolves, dig dens that will help to shelter their babies from weather and harsh elements. This den would help them to keep warm from the cold and to cool off from the summer heat. This lends itself to why your dog might be digging into your carpet. Put simply they could be too hot or cold. So, when this happens try to understand what your dog’s needs are.
- Bored much?
Some dogs tend to rip up pieces of carpet just because they are bored. If this is the case for your dog then it is advantageous to get your dog some toys or chew bones that he can have during the day while you’re gone. This will help to put his mind and energy on other things rather than your yummy carpet. Another thing that you can do is get a stuffed animal that you sleep with at night. The stuffed animal will then begin to smell like you and quickly become his favorite toy if you’re the person they bonded with.
- When are you going to be home?
Another reason that your beloved dog might be doing this is because of separation anxiety. The stuffed animal that I mentioned above will help with this. There are also other things that can help such as thunder shirts. These help with fear and anxiety by applying the right pressure in the right place on your dog’s torso.
There are many reasons as to why your dog may be digging into your carpet. These are just a few. It’s best to find out what the reason is for your dog’s behavior and then take the appropriate action. Nip Tuck Carpet Repair cares about your carpet and wants to help you keep it in the best condition possible. We hope that this helped in stopping or preventing damage to your carpet! If you do have damaged carpet from your beloved animal don’t hesitate to call us today for an estimate to get it repaired!
By Nip Tuck 7-25-2017
- How to Keep Carpets Clean During the Winter?
- Repairing Your Carpet May Help You Get Your Apartment Deposit Back
- Carpet for Every Area of Your Home
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps?
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet?
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?