Did you recently notice your dog itching a little bit more than usual? Increased scratching and general irritation might be a symptom of fleas. While these tiny insects seem rather harmless, fleas can cause significant discomfort and other problems for you, your pet, and your family. Just because your pooch has received treatment for fleas before does not mean they are immune from future complications if fleas are still calling your carpet home. So, what is the most effective way to get rid of stubborn fleas? We will share some actionable steps that are effective for getting rid of fleas naturally.
The process kicks-off rather simply with a thorough vacuuming of the affected area. Be sure to pay careful attention to parts of the carpet where these pests might be gathered. Fleas can typically be found in spots where your dog frequents. Go over the same area more than once in different directions to make sure no pesky fleas are still there. When you have finished vacuuming, take the canister directly to a trash bag and throw it away outside. This way, no fleas can make their way back into your home.
Next, you need to slowly and carefully sprinkle a safe insecticide over the carpet. Insecticides such as diatomaceous earth can dry up these pesky critters in seconds. It is easy to find this and other potential options online or at most grocery stores.
The oils and scents found in citrus fruits act as a natural deterrent to fleas. Simply place a lemon in one pint of boiling water to create some cheap yet effective homemade flea-repellent. After letting the solution cool, place it in a spray bottle. Apply it on your carpet wherever the fleas were most active. Since the mixture is 100% natural, you could even give your pet a light spray. Just make sure to keep it out of their eyes.
The final step to take to rid your house of fleas is by using essential oils. Citronella, rosemary, and some similar herbs also act as deterrents to these pests. Find your favorite combination and spray it throughout your carpet regularly to continue to keep fleas at bay.
As you can see, it is possible to protect your home and pets from nasty fleas. It's all about getting rid of the pests at the beginning and then using some natural repellents to make sure they don't come back. If you have some serious carpet problems that need immediate attention, feel free to give us a call at Niptuck Carpet Repair today.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 8-6-2020
- How to Keep Carpets Clean During the Winter?
- Repairing Your Carpet May Help You Get Your Apartment Deposit Back
- Carpet for Every Area of Your Home
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps?
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet?
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?