Builders and homeowners in the past have made all sorts of interesting choices. From covering over natural wood floors with other flooring materials to putting carpet in the bathroom. Perhaps the idea of stepping out of a shower onto plush, soft carpet is appealing to you. You just think carpet is cozy. But is it actually a good idea to put carpet in the bathroom? Your friends at Nip Tuck Carpet Repair are going to discuss this subject today.
Pros to Bathroom Carpet
Well for starters, like we touched on, many people really enjoy carpet in the bathroom because it is soft and warm. When you step out of a warm and relaxing bath, being greeted by frigid tile floors can be a bit shocking. Or if you stumble to the restroom in the middle of the night, comfy carpet can help you remain in a restful state so that you can return to your dreams easily.
People who care for elderly family members or have little one may like having carpet in the bathrooms because it is more slip resistant. Plus, there are many carpets available today that come with waterproof backing to protect your subfloor from water.
Cons to Bathroom Carpet
Probably one of the most immediate reactions to bathroom carpet is that it is gross. Many people feel this way because toilets, sinks, and trash cans all can be found in the bathroom as well. So, the odds that germs from these sources will find their way to the carpet is high. And since carpet is a naturally absorbent material, it makes it the perfect hiding place for said germs and bacteria. In a similar vein, if carpets are not cleaned regularly in the bathroom, mold is highly likely to develop.
Additionally, one of the biggest contributors to carpet buckling is humidity. Something that a bathroom experiences a lot of. So, carpet in the bathroom may develop unsightly and hazardous buckles quickly.
If you like the benefits that carpet provides in a bathroom but not the downsides, you could always invest in a high-quality bathmat as an alternative. But if you just like the idea of actual carpet in the bathroom, be sure to invest in a water-resistant backing, stay on top of cleaning, and give Nip Tuck Carpet Repair a call if you ever notice buckling. We can stretch your carpet back to normal in no time at all.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 1-7-2021
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?