The carpeting world is vast and can easily be confusing for a novice. Which considering the fact that most of us can count on one hand the number of times they have purchased new carpeting, almost all of us are novices. Depending on your budget and the things that you find important in carpeting, carpet preferences can differ wildly from person to person. That is why the team here at Nip & Tuck Carpet Repair wants to simply provide you with information regarding different carpet styles so that you can make the best decision for you. Today we are going to review the pros and cons of frieze carpet.
What is Frieze
Frieze carpeting consists of long, twisted fibers. Fibers are twisted tightly, three to five times. This creates a dense texture. Extremely durable, frieze carpet is quite popular for high traffic areas and busy households. Because of the shag-like fibers, frieze is also terribly good at masking dirt. While not the most expensive, frieze is also not the cheapest of carpet options. Ranging on the low end from $1 per square foot, to on the high-end costing $8 per square foot.
Frieze carpet is highly durable. Its long-twisted fibers are much to thank. They do not easily show footprints, seams, or vacuum lines either, so your carpet will always look plush. Frieze does exceptionally well in almost any area of the home. It’s durable enough for the living room and stairs and is soft enough to greet your feet first thing in the morning in your bedroom.
Frieze has long and loose fibers. They feel lovely to walk on, but they can make it difficult to clean. This is because unlike short, tight piles, frieze fibers allow spills to soak deep into the carpet. For this reason, be sure to purchase a carpet with a high stain resistance. Another draw back for some may be the fact that frieze is relatively casual. It easily goes well with any interior, but if you prefer a more proper look, this carpet may not be right for you.
In conclusion, frieze carpet is an ideal choice for people who want a carpet that is durable, yet comfortable. We service all types of carpet. So, if yours ever needs a little TLC, be sure to give us a call! And for more insightful carpeting tips and tricks, be sure to check out the rest of our blog pages.
By NipTuck Carpet Repair 3-12-2020
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps?
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet?
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?