If you have noticed ripples and buckles in your carpet, you have likely researched solutions. Is a complete carpet replacement the only answer? Absolutely not! Carpet repair in the form of stretching is another option you can take, and it is a lot cheaper of a solution than replacement is. But is carpet stretching worth it? Are the results good enough to forgo replacement?
What Exactly is Carpet Stretching?
When your carpet presents wrinkles and buckles, it is because the material is loosened. This can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common are because of humidity and the dragging of heavy objects across the surface. With the help of specialized tools like a power stretcher, your carpet is stretched tightly once again and secured firmly onto the tack strips.
Why Should You Stretch Your Carpet?
Due to the nature of carpet itself, it is only natural that it will relax over time. With heavy foot traffic, moving of furniture, and general age, wrinkles are bound to develop. In addition, there are times when carpet is not installed properly in the first place. Sometimes, installers will use knee kickers instead of a power stretcher to complete the job faster. Knee kickers just do not produce the same long-term results that a power stretcher does. Considering all these factors, carpet stretching is something you should think of in terms of necessary maintenance from time to time. Having your carpets stretched as a maintenance service when needed will ensure that the lifespan of your carpets is extended as long as possible.
In conclusion, yes, we believe that carpet stretching is worth it. If your carpet is in good condition aside from some wrinkles, you do not need to embark on an inconvenient and expensive replacement. If you think that this service is something that your carpet needs, contact us here at Nip & Tuck Carpet Repair today! We would love to be a part of your maintenance routine. We also perform carpet patching for stubborn stains and burn areas.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 2-4-2022
- How to Keep Carpets Clean During the Winter?
- Repairing Your Carpet May Help You Get Your Apartment Deposit Back
- Carpet for Every Area of Your Home
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps?
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet?
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?