Nip Tuck Carpet Repair Apr 2018
Outdoor rugs are a favorite when creating the perfect outdoor space to come home to and relax. This can cause a lot of problems though when the rug isn’t kept cleaned and maintained. We all love our perfect outdoor space be it on the deck, in the back, or on the porch in the front. These types of rugs are made so that they don’t grow mold on them. So, what is there to maintain? Spring is a very wet month and this means that other things such as furniture cushions and rugs are going to get wet. Furniture cushions are easy enough to remove and stow away when you start to see the rain clouds coming. Rugs are a different story though. Nip Tuck Carpet Repair may be your specialist in carpet repair, but we also know a thing or two about rugs. Here is how and why you should maintain your rugs.
Rugs obviously lay on the ground which is the prime spot for water to hit and while it may not grow mold on it, it can grow algae and mildew. No one wants to step on a rug full of dirt, mildew, and algae. So, the best solution is to clean it monthly. It’s easy to clean the rug, it just takes a little bit of effort. Cleaning the rug with a bucket full of water and some dish soap will do the trick. Once you get the needed bucket with water it’s time to take a nylon brush and scrub away. You’ll want to do this to the front and back of the rug and then rinse it on the sloped drive way with a hole. You’ll want to make sure that you do it on a sunny day.
Drying it with the sun will prevent mold, mildew, and algae from growing on it. Although outdoor rugs are made in a way to prevent mold from ever growing on them they aren’t mold proof. So, drying them in the sun is the best way from preventing mold from ever growing on it. This means that when there is a hard rain, although it might not be convenient, it’s best to pull it up and let it dry in the sun if it’s covered. This can be difficult if you have furniture on it but well worth the effort.
However, if you’re seeing some things on your outdoor rug and don’t really have the time to clean it you can do some spot cleaning. While your rug should be cleaned monthly it can have spot cleaning done to it. The most natural way to spot clean is by taking a bottle with part water and part vinegar solution and scrubbing it. This will give you the best solution that still allows for little ones to play on it.
Nip Tuck Carpet and Repair is all about helping you to maintain your home whether it’s your carpet inside or outside. If you have carpet repair needs, then it’s time to call us and make your carpet like new again! We can take care of carpet stretching and patching needs of any size. There is nothing that Nip Tuck Carpet Repair can’t handle! Call us today for a free home estimate!
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 4-18-2018
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Where does the carpet from a patch come from?
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?
- Should clean my carpet before the stretch?