When people move into their home many times they set their furniture in place and then it doesn’t get moved until people move out and into their next home. However, this often leaves dents in rugs and carpets. Nip and Tuck Carpet Repair understands the frustration that can bring, especially if you’re just wanting to rearrange the furniture around the house. The carpet experts are here to help you with all your carpet problems. We will discuss three main ways you can use to get those dents out of your carpet.
- Ice Cubes
This is probably the easiest way to get rid of dents in your carpet. Leave a couple of ice cubes on the dented spot and then let it sit for at least 4 hours and for bigger dents up to 12 hours. The water then allows the carpet fibers to swell and bring it back to its original height. Then after you have let it sit for the desired period of time blot it with a towel or sponge. After you have gotten the water excess up then make sure to take a coin or the like to raise the suppressed fibers.
- Blow Dry It
If ice cubes aren’t working then try to blow dry it. Meaning take a spray bottle and douse the area with water. Then take a blow dryer to add volume to the carpet fibers. As you do so make sure to fluff up the fibers like you do your hair. Running your hands through it like you do your hair should do the trick.
- Iron it Out
The last option is to iron it out. In doing this you must be careful. When carrying out this operation you will want to place a damp towel over the dent and then carefully iron it on medium heat. When doing so take extra care to not let the iron touch the carpet. This will burn it and leave you with bigger problems than you started with. Once you have done this you’ll be all good to run the vacuum over it to make it look pretty and like the rest of your carpet.
Dents don’t have to stay there just like you don’t want your furniture to stay there. Taking a moment to get those dents out of the carpet will leave it look beautiful again. Nip and Tuck Carpet Repair cares about your carpet. Making sure that your carpet is in tip top shape is our job. For more serious carpet repair jobs, call the professionals today! We are able to repair torn and ripped carpet. In addition to this we can repair balding spots, urine spots, and permanent stains.
By Nip Tuck 9-19-2017
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?