Nip Tuck Carpet Repair Oct 2022
Carpet is favorite for many when it comes to home flooring. If you are considering replacing old carpet or putting in new carpet, it is important that you are well informed beforehand. Afterall, the flooring you choose will be with you for decades, you want to make sure that you make the right choice for your home. Here are some things that you should know regarding carpet materials, types, and best placement for carpet.
Types of Carpet to Know About
There are two main categories of carpet, cut pile and loop pile constructions.
For loop pile, hundreds of small pieces of looped fabric form the carpet. These types of carpets hold up extremely well to heavy traffic, but since they tend to be a coarser texture, they are largely used in utilitarian spaces.
Cut pile, on the other hand, is when those looped fibers are cut open at the top. This type of construction is not as heavily durable as loop piles, but they are much softer. That is why you will often see cut pile carpets in homes and loop pile carpets in commercial settings.
Other than construction types, it is also important to know what materials carpets are available in.
Wool: Wool is a natural fabric that you can find carpets in. It is a renewable resource which makes it a green choice, and it is soft under foot.
Olefin: Olefin is a very strong synthetic fiber. It is coarse and tough and a popular choice for children’s play areas.
Nylon: A strong and stain resistant material is nylon. If you want something that will hold up well in a hallway or an area with lots of foot traffic, this is a great option.
Polyester: Polyester excels at resisting liquids which makes it stain resistant. It is also a very soft material and popular for living areas and bedrooms.
All in all, when you know which types and materials of carpet do best in different areas of your home, you can choose the one that will look the best, feel the best, and last the longest in that setting. If you have seen that your carpet is not standing up to daily wear as much as it should, give Nip & Tuck a call before you consider replacing it. You may be surprised at the like-new results we can achieve with repairs.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 10-6-2022
- What to Do About Bleach Stains
- Loop vs Cut Pile Style Carpet
- Mold and Your Carpet
- The Most Popular Carpet Styles for Homes
- Protect Your Carpet This Summer
- All About Berber Carpet
- Help for Pet Damaged Carpet
- How to Know When It Is Time to Replace Carpet Padding
- The Benefits of Commercial Carpet Repair
- Issues Carpet Repair Can Help With
- What to Know About Carpet Types
- How to Keep Carpets Clean During the Winter
- Repairing Your Carpet May Help You Get Your Apartment Deposit Back
- Carpet for Every Area of Your Home
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet
- How Important is Your Pad
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible