Over the years carpet gets matted down in high foot traffic areas. This can date your carpet even though other areas in the home are in perfect condition. Nip Tuck Carpet Repair wants to help you with all your carpet repair needs. We are all about getting your carpet back to looking beautiful again. Our specialties are carpet patching and carpet stretching. More than that though we have years of knowledge being in the carpet industry. Here are some of the best tips and tricks to help you revive your matted down carpet!
The easiest way to fluff your carpet back up to its original beauty is by getting a damp cloth and iron. Prep the area first by vacuuming it a couple of times. Then get a damp cloth that is bigger than the iron itself. Place the cloth down on the area and then put the hot iron on top of the cloth. Make sure to keep the iron only on the cloth itself. If it touches the carpet at all, even just for a second, you’re going to have some burn marks left over. Make sure that if you’re doing this process to a large area then you’re going to want to make sure you keep your cloth nice and damp throughout the process.
If such an area is in need of cleaning, then always try to go the natural way first. There are a lot of different types of natural solutions that can be applied to your carpet but among the many solutions baking soda and vinegar can help revive your carpet pile and do a great job with spot cleaning. Put baking soda on the area and scrub it in with a brush. Be sure to watch how you scrub your carpet though. If you scrub it in the wrong direction this can cause damage to the carpet pile. You can mix an essential oil with that baking soda to help with any smells. Let it sit over night and then vacuum it up in the morning. Then mix equal parts water to vinegar and apply it to the area and let it dry. This will help to revive your carpet even more so leaving you with carpet pile that looks like the rest or your untouched carpet.
If you have carpet wrinkles and stains that you can’t get out of your carpet that is when Nip and Tuck Carpet Repair is able to get in there and save the day. Your carpet should be able to last for many years. If it’s looking like it needs a pick me up, then call us today! We can fix any holes and damages you may have.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 10-17-2018
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Where does the carpet from a patch come from?
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?
- Should clean my carpet before the stretch?