Nip Tuck Carpet Repair Jul 2021
Carpet is a classic flooring option. For decades, comfy, plush carpet has been a constant in most family homes. But carpet has been on the scene for much longer than a few decades. It has a rich history in culture, comfort, and craft.
In fact, the oldest known carpet was unearthed from a prince’s tomb of which dates back to the 5th century B.C. It was preserved through an astounding 25 centuries due in part to that fact that grave robbers left the tomb open. Because this tomb was found in the Pazyryk Valley of Siberia, the rug was preserved by being frozen in ice after being exposed to the harsh elements. Although that carpet was discovered in Siberia, carpets are speculated to have gotten their start in the Middle East. They were originally made of sheep or goat wool, sold as rugs, and designed to make sitting on the hard ground more comfortable. Comfort still plays a major role in carpet maintaining its appeal to this day.
Carpet first came to America by means of a Mr. William P. Sprague in 1791. In Philadelphia, Sprague began running the first carpet mill. After being charged with the task of carpeting President Washinton’s residence, more and more mills began cropping up in the early 1800’s.
Another notable member of carpet history is Erastus Bigelow. In 1839 he invented the power loom which transformed the carpet world by speeding up carpet production. We can thank him for many more inventions in his lifetime, including the first broadloom carpet.
Carpets have been a part of world history for a very long time. And they do not seem to be going anywhere soon. Thanks to ever advancing technology, stain resistance, durability, and comfort continue to be at the forefront of carpet manufacturing. That is why, even with the broad range of flooring options available to us today, carpet remains one of the top choices.
When your carpet becomes damaged, reach out to Nip & Tuck Carpet Repair. We can skillfully patch burns and stains as well as stretch away buckles and ripples. All at a fraction of the cost of a full replacement.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 7-2-2021
- How to Keep Carpets Clean During the Winter?
- Repairing Your Carpet May Help You Get Your Apartment Deposit Back
- Carpet for Every Area of Your Home
- How to Get Rid of Fleas in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps?
- Remedies for Wine Stains
- Household Items that Double as Carpet Cleaners
- How to Remove Carpet?
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?