“Should I get my carpets cleaned before or after the stretching?” The popular thought is, if you clean the carpets after stretching them, the cleaning will loosen the carpet back up and the wrinkles will return. This is actually a very common misconception. It is more beneficial to stretch the carpets BEFORE getting them cleaned. Let’s examine some of the reasons for this.
CLEANING LOOSE CARPET: The looser the carpet, the more difficult it is to clean. Have you ever tried to run a vacuum over a rug in your home? Can you recall what the biggest issue was as you attempted this? Typically the rug will bunch up, making it nearly impossible to get a good run over the rug with the vacuum. If your carpet has very large ripples in it, the cleaner’s wand (which is used to dispense and suction water) can have the same issues. You may not get as good of a clean out of your carpet as you could when it is pulled tight.
AFTER A STRETCH: Sometimes wrinkles are left unattended for a decent amount of the time. Perhaps the owner didn’t think it bothered them at first. Maybe they felt it would cost too much money. Whatever the reason, when it finally comes to stretching those wrinkles out, sometimes visible lines can be left behind. This could be likened to bending a piece of paper in half, unfolding it, and letting it sit flat on the table. The paper has a creased mountain where it was folded. When you pull the edges and flatten out the crease, there is still a visible line left behind where you had previously folded it. Cleaning the carpet after a stretch can cause these lines to disappear.
CONCLUSION: If you want the best clean for your carpet and don’t want to risk having visible wrinkle lines even after it is pulled taut, get the cleaning done after the stretch. When your carpets are stretched properly with a power stretcher, there is no risk of those wrinkles returning because of a cleaning. At Nip & Tuck Carpet Repair we work closely with some very reputable carpet cleaning companies that can usually come out the same day as us to get those carpets looking like new again.
By Nip Tuck Carpet Repair 4-8-2021
- How to Get Rid of Carpet Dents?
- Can You Glue Fraying Carpet?
- Are Tack Strips Important
- It Is Worth It to Stretch Your Carpets
- Simple Tips for Keeping Your Carpets Clean
- Keep Your Carpet Free of Mold
- Does DIY Carpet Repair Work?
- When Can You Refresh Carpet and When Should You Replace It?
- A Guide To Choosing Carpet Padding
- How to Identify Poor Carpet Installation?
- The History of Carpet
- How to Remove Older Stains?
- Will Going Barefoot Damage My Carpet?
- Should I Clean My Carpet Before or After the Stretch?
- Where Does the Carpet From a Patch Come From?
- Should You Put Carpet in the Bathroom?
- What Causes Carpet to Buckle?
- Pros and Cons of Plush Pile Carpet
- Carpet Repairs, New Carpet, and the Housing Market
- Is it Worth it to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to Do If Your Carpet Has Fleas?
- How to Get Wax Out of Carpet?
- Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
- Should You Try and Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Can You Patch Your Carpet Yourself?
- Frieze- The New Shag Carpet
- Signs Your Carpet is Beyond Repair
- How to Patch Your Own Carpet?
- How to Protect Your Carpet from Ice Melt?
- Why Carpet Wrinkles Need Fixing?
- Signs You Might Have Carpet Beetles
- How to Repurpose Your Carpet?
- How Important is Your Pad?
- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
- Snow and Your Carpet
- How to Keep Your Carpet in Good Condition?
- How to Handle Carpet Stains and Tears?
- Reviving Your Carpet
- How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
- The Process of Carpet Stretching
- How to Take Care of Outdoor Rugs?
- Why Should You Keep Your Carpet?
- Picking the Right Rug for Your Home
- What Areas Do We Service?
- Winter Carpet Care
- Remove Dents on Your Carpet
- Dogs Digging on Your Carpet
- Pet Damage on Your Carpet
- Is It Worth It to Rent Carpet Repair Tools?
- What to look for in a Carpet Repair Company?
- My Cat Keeps Urinating in the Same Spot
- Double spike stretcher vs power stretcher pipes
- Can you stretch carpet with furniture in the room?
- Is the Carpet Patch Visible?